National Journal Club - March 2018
- Member - Tier I - Free!
- Member - Tier II - Free!
- Member - Tier III - Free!
- Member - Tier IV - Free!
Topic: Thiamine: A beri beri good vitamin
Presented By: NYU / NYCPCC Medical Toxicology Fellowship, led by Dr. Rana Biary
- Thomson AD, Baker H, Leevy CM. Patterns of 35S-thiamine hydrochloride adsorption in the malnourished alcoholic patient. J Lab Clin Med. 1970 Jul;76(1):34-45.
- Watson AJ, Walker JF, Tomkin GH, Finn MM, Keogh JA. Acute Wernickes encephalopathy precipitated by glucose loading. Ir J Med Sci. 1981 Oct;150(10):301-3.
- Schoenenberger AW1, Schoenenberger-Berzins R, der Maur CA, Suter PM, Vergopoulos A, Erne P. Thiamine supplementation in symptomatic chronic heart failure: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over pilot study. Clin Res Cardiol. 2012 Mar;101(3):159-64. doi: 10.1007/s00392-011-0376-2. Epub 2011 Nov 5.
- Kono S, Miyajima H, Yoshida K, Togawa A, Shirakawa K, Suzuki H. Mutations in a thiamine-transporter gene and Wernicke's-like encephalopathy. N Engl J Med. 2009 Apr 23;360(17):1792-4. doi: 10.1056/NEJMc0809100.
Series Moderator: Steven E. Aks, DO, FACEP, FACMT, Toxikon Consortium
About The Series: ACMT's National Journal Club (NJC) is a bimonthly member webinar hosted by a different fellowship program each session. All data and information provided in this activity is for informational purposes only. ACMT makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of the content and will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.
This webinar is for ACMT members only.