National Journal Club - January 2023
- Member - Tier I - Free!
- Member - Tier II - Free!
- Member - Tier III - Free!
- Member - Tier IV - Free!
Topic: Treatment of Cyclopeptide Mushroom Poisoning
Presented By: VCU Program in Medical Toxicology, led by Dr. Brandon Wills.
- Mackenzie CA, et al: Cyclosporine as a novel treatment for amatoxin-containing mushroom poisoning: a case series. Toxicol Commun 2022;6:23-27.
- Tan JL, et al: Amanitin intoxication: effects of therapies on clinical outcomes – a review of 40 years of reported cases. Clin Toxicol 2022;DOI 10.1080/15563650.2022.2098139
- Mengs U, Pohl R-T, Mitchell T, Legalon SIL: The antidote of choice in patients with acute toxicity from amatoxin poisoning. Curr Pharmaceut Biotech 2012;13:1964-1970.
- Tong TC: Comparative treatment of alpha-Amanitin poisoning with N-acetylcysteine, benzylpenicillin, cimetidine, thioctic acid and silybinin in a murine model. Ann Emerg Med 2007;50:282-288.
Series Moderator: Steven E. Aks, DO, FACEP, FACMT, Toxikon Consortium
About The Series: ACMT's National Journal Club (NJC) is a bimonthly member webinar hosted by a different fellowship program each session. All data and information provided in this activity is for informational purposes only. ACMT makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of the content and will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.
This webinar is for ACMT members only.