National Grand Rounds - May 2023
Jet Fuel in the Drinking Water in Hawaii: An Environmental Health Catastrophe
Presenter: Diana Felton, MD, State Toxicologist, Hawaii Department of Health, Hazard Evaluation and Emergency Response Office, Honolulu, HI
- Understand the November 2021 release of JP-5 jet fuel into the Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam Drinking Water System and the subsequent poisoning of thousands of people
- Evaluate the massive emergency response and important steps involved
- Review the toxicology of petroleum hydrocarbons including JP-5 jet fuel
- Recognize the limitations of evaluating health impacts and the difficulty in predicting long-term health impacts
- Review the lessons learned and key takeaways from this environmental health disaster
Series Moderator: Nicholas E. Nacca, MD, Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
About The Series: ACMT's Grand Rounds offer an in-depth and interactive platform for learning and discussion about issues that impact the research and practice of medical toxicology. Experts from within and outside medical toxicology will share their knowledge and experience and highlight areas for collaboration and mutual understanding.
This webinar is for ACMT members only.