Addiction Toxicology Case Conference - October 2022
Case 1: Agitation and autonomic hyperactivity in a patient with Kratom use.
A 69-year-old male is brought to the ED by EMS with altered mental status and agitation.
Case 2: A 27 year-old male wants help stopping his use of Kratom
- Timothy J. Wiegand, MD, FACMT, DFASAM (ACMT/ASAM Expert), Director of Toxicology and of the Toxicology Consult Service, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
- Gloria J. Baciewicz, MD (ASAM Expert), Addiction Psycharcist, Strong Recovery; Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
- Katherine Katzung, MD (ACMT Expert), Vice Chair, Emergency Department, Abbott Northwestern Hospital; System Lead, Acute Care Addiction, Allina Health, Minneapolis, MN
- JoAn Laes, MD, FACMT, dFASAM (ACMT/ASAM Expert), Addiction Medicine Physician, Allina Health, Minneapolis, MN
- Parth Patel, DO (Guest Expert), Resident, Emergency Medicine, Arnot Ogden Medical Center, Elmira, NY
- Zachary Reed, DO (Guest Expert), Resident, Emergency Medicine, Arnot Ogden Medical Center, Elmira, NY
About The Series: The ACMT/ASAM Addiction Toxicology Case Conference webinar series discusses Addiction/Toxicology cases in an interactive fashion featuring experts from Addiction Medicine, Addiction Psychiatry, and Medical Toxicology.
This webinar is open to the public.