Addiction Toxicology Case Conference - January 2022
- Non-member - Tier I - Free!
- Non-member - Tier II - Free!
- Non-member - Tier III - Free!
- Non-member - Tier IV - Free!
- Member - Tier I - Free!
- Member - Tier II - Free!
- Member - Tier III - Free!
- Member - Tier IV - Free!
Case 1: “I’ve hit the patient with 3 doses of 4 mg IN naloxone but they haven’t woken up! Do you have anymore?”
A patient down with miosis, bradypnea, and signs emesis is found by a bystander who administers naloxone and calls 911.
Case 2: Get it out to the ‘hot spots’: Optimizing naloxone distribution and associated support.
A street-level recovery program distributes (and collects) naloxone in areas of town with extensive street-level drug use and high overdose rates. Strategies for distribution, syringe collection, and other harm reduction activities discussed.
- Timothy J. Wiegand, MD, FACMT, DFASAM (ACMT/ASAM Expert), Director of Toxicology and of the Toxicology Consult Service, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
- Gloria J. Baciewicz, MD (ASAM Expert), Medical Director, Strong Recovery; Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
- Patrick Burns, CPRA (Guest Expert), Certified Peer Recovery Advocate and Harm Reduction Coordinator, Recovery All Ways and Huther Doyle, Rochester, NY
- Ken Conner, PsyD, MPH (Guest Expert), Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine and Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
- Michael Holland, MD, FEAPCCT, FAACT, FACOEM, FACMT, FACEP(ACMT Expert), Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine, State University of New York (SUNY), Upstate Medical University; Senior Medical Toxicologist, CTEH, Syracuse, NY
- Lewis Nelson, MD, FACMT, FASAM (ACMT/ASAM Expert), Professor and Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine; Chief, Division of Medical Toxicology, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
- Jennifer Plumb, MD, MPH (Guest Expert), Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah; Medical Director, Utah Naloxone, Salt Lake City, UT
- Ross Sullivan, MD (ACMT/ASAM Expert), Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine; Toxicology Fellowship Director, Upstate University Hospital; Medical Director, Helio Health, Syracuse, NY
About The Series: The ACMT/ASAM Addiction Toxicology Case Conference webinar series discusses Addiction/Toxicology cases in an interactive fashion featuring experts from Addiction Medicine, Addiction Psychiatry, and Medical Toxicology.
This webinar is open to the public.