Addiction Toxicology Case Conference - February 2022
Case 1: Ambulatory Alcohol Withdrawal Management in the Outpatient Setting - Where do you draw the line?
A 36 year-old drinking, "1-2 pints/day," looking to "detox" but asking if he can do so at home.
Case 2: Mixed Alcohol and Carisoprodol Withdrawal in a Medically Complex Post-Surgical Patient.
Delirium and autonomic hyperactivity in a 60 year-old female who is 12 hours out of surgery for an aortic dissection.
- Timothy J. Wiegand, MD, FACMT, DFASAM (ACMT/ASAM Expert), Director of Toxicology and of the Toxicology Consult Service, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
- Gloria J. Baciewicz, MD (ASAM Expert), Medical Director, Strong Recovery; Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
- Michael Abesamis, MD (ACMT Expert), Medical Director, West Virginia Poison Center; Member, UPMC Inpatient Addiction Service; Director of Medical Toxicology Outpatient Clinic; Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Timothy Carnes, MD (ASAM Expert),Medical Director, Pine Tree Recovery Center, Guardian Recovery Network, Portland, ME
- Brian Hurley, MD, MBA, DFASAM (ASAM Expert),Addiction Psychiatrist; Medical Director, Substance Abuse Prevention and Control, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA
- Kristine Torres-Lockhart, MD (Guest Expert), Director of Addiction Consult Service, Weiler Hospital; Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine; Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Montefiore Medical Center & Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
About The Series: The ACMT/ASAM Addiction Toxicology Case Conference webinar series discusses Addiction/Toxicology cases in an interactive fashion featuring experts from Addiction Medicine, Addiction Psychiatry, and Medical Toxicology.
This webinar is open to the public.