Addiction Toxicology Case Conference - August 2020
- Non-member - Tier I - Free!
- Non-member - Tier II - Free!
- Non-member - Tier III - Free!
- Non-member - Tier IV - Free!
- Member - Tier I - Free!
- Member - Tier II - Free!
- Member - Tier III - Free!
- Member - Tier IV - Free!
Case 1: Withdrawal Treatment for Pregnant Patient
A 31-year-old F, 30 weeks pregnant, is found unconscious behind an abandoned house. She has had limited prenatal care and reportedly been using substantial amounts of ‘street Xanax,” fentanyl, alcohol and cocaine. She is intubated for airway and breathing support and is waking up agitated, requiring “huge doses of sedatives.” The Intensivists and OB are asking for assistance managing her dependence, withdrawal and sedation requirements.
Case 2: Charismatic but Challenging
An 18-year-old, ‘charismatic but challenging’, patient from rural part of New York with polysubstance dependence that an outpatient treatment program is attempting to help ‘stabilize’ during COVID19.
Case 3: Pre-Med ‘Psychonaut’ with OUD
A 30-year-old ‘pre-med’ student and self-described (semi) former ‘psychonaut’ self refers to an outpatient clinic to start buprenorphine because his “opioid use is getting out of hand.”
- Timothy J. Wiegand, MD, FACMT, DFASAM (ACMT/ASAM Expert), Director of Toxicology and of the Toxicology Consult Service, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
- Gloria J. Baciewicz, MD (ASAM Expert), Medical Director, Strong Recovery; Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
- Lewis Nelson, MD, FACMT (ACMT Expert) Chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
- Neil S. Seligman, MD, MS (Guest Expert) Director, Labor & Delivery, Strong Memorial Hospital; Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
- Jeffrey Selzer, MD, DFASAM, DFAPA (ASAM Expert) Medical Director, Committee for Physician Health, Medical Society of the State of New York Director, Physician’s Resource Network, Northwell Health, Albany, NY
- Norman W. Wetterau, MD, FAAFP, FASAM (ASAM Expert) Addiction Medicine Specialist, Tricounty Family Medicine; Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY
About The Series: The ACMT/ASAM Addiction Toxicology Case Conference webinar series discusses Addiction/Toxicology cases in an interactive fashion featuring experts from Addiction Medicine, Addiction Psychiatry, and Medical Toxicology.
This webinar is open to the public.