Addiction Toxicology Case Conference - April 2022
Case 1: Stimulant Use Disorder & Detoxification
31 year-old male with opioid and stimulant use disorder presents to a detoxification clinic after 3 days of heavy methamphetamine use.
Case 2: “It starts with the amphetamine prescription... and he won’t let
me talk to his Doctor!”
A 22 year-old male with polydrug dependence including severe stimulant use disorder has recurrent binges using either methamphetamine or cocaine starting shortly after receiving his monthly prescription for amphetamine.
- Timothy J. Wiegand, MD, FACMT, DFASAM (ACMT/ASAM Expert), Director of Toxicology and of the Toxicology Consult Service, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
- Gloria J. Baciewicz, MD (ASAM Expert), Medical Director, Strong Recovery; Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
- Chris Davis, MD, MPH (Guest Expert) Assistant Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Philip Moore, DO, FASAM, CMRO (ASAM Expert) Medical Director for Central and Western Regions, Gaudenzia, Inc., Harrisburg, PA
- Robert Cole Pueringer, MD (ACMT Expert) Hospitalist, Medical Toxicologist, and Addiction Medicine Fellow, Hennepin Healthcare, Minnesota Poison Control System, and University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Ross Sullivan, MD (ACMT/ASAM Expert) Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine; Toxicology Fellowship Director, Upstate University Hospital; Medical Director, Helio Health, Syracuse, NY
About The Series: The ACMT/ASAM Addiction Toxicology Case Conference webinar series discusses Addiction/Toxicology cases in an interactive fashion featuring experts from Addiction Medicine, Addiction Psychiatry, and Medical Toxicology.
This webinar is open to the public.