Radiological Emergency Medical Management - April 2022
Recorded On: 04/29/2022
The Radiological Emergency Medical Management course is an awareness-level training course addressing the medical and psychological impact of radiation.
1-Day Course Designed for:
- Pre-Hospital First Responders (EMTs and Paramedics)
- Public Health Professionals
- Law Enforcement
- Emergency Providers
- Describe the types of radiation and radiation scenarios
- Discuss Acute Radiation Syndrome (ARS)
- Describe the emergency care of patients contaminated with radioactive material
- Describe cutaneous radiation syndrome assessment and care
- List resources available to address radiation accidents
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of emergency physicians and nurses and prehospital personnel during a radiation accident affecting a large population
Continuing Education: Interprofessional continuing education credits are available for this course through the CDC until May 31, 2024.